As a BoKlok home owner, if you introduce a friend or family member, who goes on to purchase one of our new homes, we’ll say a very special thank you to you both!
We will be offering a number of our family homes at BoKlok through shared ownership.
What is Shared Ownership?
Shared Ownership is a part buy, part rent scheme, which enables you to own your home for a smaller upfront deposit. You can buy a share of the home using a mortgage and then pay a subsidised rent on the share you didn’t purchase.
You will have an opportunity to increase your share (up to 100%) during your time in the property via a process known as ‘staircasing’. If you increase your share to 100%, you will no longer pay any rent, just your mortgage along with any service charges and ground rent.
Are you eligible for Shared Ownership?
To make sure you qualify for Shared Ownership you must meet these criteria:
- Your household income cannot exceed £80,000
- You have a deposit of at least 5% of the share value
- You do not own another property or have your name on the deeds or a mortgage for a property worldwide
- This will be your only residence
- You are a permanent UK resident or have indefinite right to remain